The Barix Exstreamer 1000 is a versatile network device that can function either as an audio encoder or decoder for a variety of high quality audio applications. The Barix Exstreamer 1000 features AES/EBU in and out to provide a fully digital transmission path.
Four supervised contact closure inputs, four relay outputs, two serial interfaces (RS-232 and RS-485), AES/EBU and professional grade, balanced audio inputs and outputs and 24/48V capable power input give the device maximum flexibility for use in professional, high quality applications.
In decoding mode the Exstreamer 1000 can play MP3, G.711 and PCM audio files from PC or web server (http) and streams from sources like Shoutcast, Icecast (Internet radio) or RTP servers such as the Instreamer 100 or the Exstreamer 1000 in encoding mode. In case of a broken network stream the automatic failover function can switch to another network source or start the playback of audio files stored on external USB flash memory, if both streams are unavailable.
In encoding mode the Exstreamer 1000 can encode and transmit high quality audio from digital and analog sources.
Barix Exstreamer 1000 Features:
• Encodes or decodes audio in high quality
• AES/EBU and balanced stereo audio interfaces (inputs and outputs)
• Supports streaming (http, UDP, RTP) with automatic failover and USB playback
• 10/100 Mbit Ethernet connection
• Contact closure interfaces (4 in, 4 relays)
• Control via standard web browser as well as serial, TCP, UDP, cgi API